Location: 5km downstream from
Creysse on the river Dordogne.
The first mention of the village was in 932 when Adhémar des Echelles gave Meyronne to the bishops of Tulle and in the 12th century various bishops of Tulle made Meyronne their country residence.
Meyronne was occupied in 1580 by protestant troops who razed the chateau, and during the revolution the remains of the chateau were destroyed. Later the chateau was rebuilt in a completely different style.
In 1846 the commune of Meyronne was created.
Between 1846 and 1969 a suspension bridge carried the road from Gramat to Souillac across the river, replacing the previous ferry. During restoration work an incident caused the cables to break and the bridge was wrecked. It was dismantled and a new bridge, the one in place today, was built.
In summer canoes are available for hire on the riverbank by the bridge.